I'll be submitting my resignation tomorrow morning.
It will be easy because:
1) I hate my job;
2) I don't want to do it anymore;
3) It will arrest my downward spiral;
4) Long Service Leave entitlements add up to about four and a half months;
5) I'm looking forward to being at home for a while and fixing up a few things.
It will be hard because:
1) I'm turning my back on a career of c.25 years;
2) I don't know what lies ahead of me;
3) It's a great place to work notwithstanding my disaffection with my particular line of work;
4) People there have been wonderful to me and I'll be disappointing them;
5) Whatever job I get next is bound to be on much lower pay.
I'll continue until June to see a few ongoing tasks off, tie up all the loose ends I possibly can and try to leave things in good order for my replacement.
So it goes.