03 June, 2007

I'm Just going Outside. I May Be Some Time...

Lad Litter will be taking a brief hiatus while he struggles manfully to get through a very busy time at work. Lad Litter regrets any inconvenience or loss of continuity. Lad Litter also apologises for talking about himself in the third person. Very annoying, that.

I should be back with a couple of posts in the next week or so. In the meantime, here is a limited rundown:

What I'm Reading:
Caesar's Legacy by Josiah Osgood;

What I'm Re-Reading:
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut;

What I'm Watching:
Life On Mars on the ABC;


Strange Days by Kathryn Bigelow on DVD;


What I'm Listening To:
Sweetheart of the Rodeo by The Byrds


Where I'm Going:
The Retreat in Brunswick on Thu night;
My Cricket Club's AGM on Fri night;
Home to watch Essendon vs West Coast on 7;
Blogs I'm Really Enjoying:


*The title is a reference to Titus Oates. Quite a guy.

6 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

I loved Sweetheart Of The Rodeo ...
"my buddies shun me, since ah turned to jesus", ... "Calling me home, Hickory Wind", ... haven't heard it in decades though.
When you're sick of it, play The Amazing Burrito Brothers: ... "on the 31st floor, a gold-plated door, won't keep out The Lord's burning flame" .... oh yeah.

Our dear blog pal
Blogger On A Cast Iron Balcony
is keeping time for Tess n The Shaps at The Brunswick Green next Saturday night - rock on down there an tell her you read about it at my place.

enjoy your break.

Lad Litter said...

I've got the re-release of Sweetheart which has the Parsons lead vocals restored as additional tracks. And thanks for the album tip, BWCA. I've been meaning to check out the Burritos for ages. Also Gram Parsons solo albums. I'd love to be at the Brunswick Green but will unfortunately be snowed in with work all weekend.

Steph said...

Well hurry back. I have three blogs you know. No life, but three blogs!!!!

Lad Litter said...

Steph: I'll be back as soon as the shitstorm that is my working life at the moment subsides. Probably next week. I won't take your new avatar personally, either!

Broken Left Leg said...

I didn't know you were a cricketer.
Did you know little johnie loves cricket?

Lad Litter said...

Correct, BLL but I believe Howard affected a liking for cricket to appear Menzies-like. Keating addressed his first PM's XI thus: "Never played cricket. Don't know much about it. Don't think I would have been much of a batsman, bowler or fielder. But there's this thing I've heard about called sledging. I reckon I might have been alright at that."